The client is a large IT services organization with revenues close to $800 M dollars. The company helps its Fortune 500 clients with their digital transformation journey. Delivering this kind of work required skilled employees in a range of technologies, such as Big Data, Data Sciences, and Cloud. Mass hiring of specialists in each area was not a scalable solution.
The client had decided to leverage their Learning & Development teams to rapidly skill and reskill their talent and make them client-ready. This way, they can deploy the right talent with the right skills and be billable within a few months’ time.
Lack of real-life project knowledge: Re-skilling through theoretical, classroom, web-based or self-paced learning was not impactful as the employee still does not have the experience of working in real-life environments.
Cost overruns in setting up and managing the environment: Setting up the training environment with diverse configurations was an expensive proposition for the client. Additionally, the upkeep of the environment was complex and needed a dedicated team to manage.
Delays in setting up the right environments: The IT team is neither skilled nor had the right tools to set up the test environment with configurations and applications required to replicate a real-life environment.
Nuvepro interacted with the client’s team that involved members from L&D, delivery, SMEs to get a good perspective on the business requirements. We then set up a managed cloud lab environment. The following are the key points in the solution:
Lab requisition through a self-service portal
- Onboard employee on the labs via an email
- Employees requisition a lab of their choice
Automated and just-in-time lab provisioning
- A pre-configured lab is automatically provisioned over the cloud
- Used client’s enterprise Microsoft Azure account to realize the price benefits
Lab usage, management, and governance
- The users got access to all latest and real-life environments with real-life problem statements
- The lab was automatically commissioned and decommissioned based on usage
- Weekly reports were shared to track the usage of the labs
- Regular touchpoints with the Subject Matter Experts, to ensure the lab environment met the requirements
Nuvepro enabled the client to achieve the following benefits
- Reduction in time-to-start-reskilling an employee from 30 days to 1 day*
Labwas made available to the employees within an hour of the request
- 70 % reduction in the overall lab costs
- Software, as well as hardware for the labs, is provided in a pay-as-you-go model
- Client’s lab costs were converted into an OpEx model from a CapEx model
- Flexibility to provide labs from a single user to any number, which also means reskilling can happen for a single user rather than waiting for a minimum batch size
Want to Discuss your goals with Us?
We have solved a wide variety of challenges with our hands-on labs.